Home Galleries Timeline
Selection of photos from the 1977 Harberton Jubilee Album
An attempt was made in 1977 to photograph as many of the residents of
Harberton as possible as a record of the Jubilee year. Below is a selection of
the images showing mainly some of the village properties - interesting to
compare with today in some cases.
Clicking a thumbnail will open a full-size image in each case - in a separate browser window.
|Church House Inn before the 'new' bungalow Sunnyside opposite was built; Lychgate House and Ford Farm before Meadow Close was built; The Old Forge when still a petrol station and shop; Vine House and the length of Tristford Road leading to the Constitutional Club; Harberton Playing Field - just swings and the sleeper bench
|The Old Hall - the original Constitutional Club, supported by the Trist family; The Manor - the original vicarage until 1952; Garden Terrace where Church Court now stands; Dundridge; Fore Street leading into the square; Guy Fawkes bonfire on the Playing Field
|The Old Forge petrol station and part of the old Simmons Farm yard; 5 St Andrews Cottages; Tristford House; West Lodge (people: Dougie Bickford, wife and daughter), Tristford; Tilllyland with a 'Sold' sign; Woodland Cottage
|Church Cottage looking smart!; Church House Inn; Fore Street; Simmons Farm; where is this? (people: Lesley, Richard, Des(mond), Pam & Shirley White); Briar House (opposite the then Garden Terrace)
More to come later perhaps?