Home Camping rules Minutes history Earthworks 1995/1996 Harberton Parish Hall Tree sponsors
Harberton Playing Field is an area of land originally given to Harberton Parish Council and leased for a "peppercorn" rent to, and cared for, by the Harberton Playing Field Association, a volunteer organisation formed in 1959.
The first two pictures below show views of the play equipment area (taken in 2001), looking east and south-east over the village, with the old Constitutional Club (now private residences) on the left. The last picture, looking north, shows part of the roughly 80 metre square levelled play area created in 1995/1996. This is probably the largest flat area for miles around!
A copper beech tree was planted in Spring 1999 in memory of Jan Goodwin, a founder member of Harberton Playing Field Association, at the request of his wife Mabel. Pictured here in Summer 2000: